Do you know what today is?!
That’s right, MyPenWritesNice is officially 5 years old today. FIVE! It’s so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I not only started something big, to me, but I have kept it going in spite of the many obstacles life has thrown my way.
I’ve seen growth, not only with this site and those of you who have stuck with me since day one (and those who have joined along the way) but also growth in myself as an artist.
As someone who is hyper critical of themself, I’ve found in starting and trying my best to maintain this website that making this move was just what I needed to teach myself to have patience AND trust in myself and my talents.
I can’t begin to thank everyone that has read, liked, commented, shared, or even just clicked around the site in curiosity. The engagement from different countries is what continues to surprise me, and I can only hope that my words have touched and/or resonated with readers in all of these amazing places in some way or another.
To celebrate a bit, I thought we’d take a trip down memory lane with a few of my favorite stories that I’ve posted over our first five years. Check them out below.
As always happy reading, thank you so much, and I appreciate you all very much!
- A Friend In Need (by Cortney Joseph) – The very FIRST short story I shared via MPWN.
- So The Myth Goes [“Prayer Lake” Intro] by Cortney Joseph – My very first attempt at writing horror.
- A Life To Remember : Prologue by Cortney Joseph – A look into one of my favorite types of stories to write (period/era pieces)
- A Place In The Sun (Intro) by YoLana Crocket – One of the very first stories shared by a fellow writer/friend in support of MPWN.
- A Meeting In Secret (‘Batiste’ Novel Snippet) by Cortney Joseph – One of my favorite shorts/snippets to share when I’m promoting the site!
Have a read, leave me your thoughts, and I look forward to how we’ll grow within year five!